Friday, May 31, 2013

The Niagara Furniture Bank's Inaugural "Chair Affair" gala finally arrived on Thursday May 30, 2013.
I've been very fortunate to be able to participate in this event. Thank you to Pam Isaac who sent me the Chair Affair information, when they were looking for artists to participate back in January!!

After choosing my vintage, donated chair at the Niagara Furniture Bank, I contacted Lincoln Interiors, who generously offered to reupholster the chair, thus giving me a fresh canvas to work from! You can see more about that in a previous post, here. Many thanks to them, because I could not have done it without them. :)

I was then paired with 97.7 HTZ FM Southern Ontario's Best Rock What a great opportunity. I changed my vision of the chair from my feathery watercolors to some black and red vintage tattoo art!
Rock and Roll, baby! I posted my chair's progress online and had such great feedback. Lotsa tattoo love! People responded well to the chair and it was so great to hear how much people appreciated all of the work I put into it. I couldn't wait for the gala, to see how much we could make for charity.

Check out this video on The Source


Mini-cupcakes and cookies

The most vibrant, funky chair by Elisa Marconi


My Chair! 



Cool looking "Group of Seven" chair with decorative birch arms by Michele Auger. 

I took a couple of pictures of the room when we first arrived, trying to give an idea of how big the place was. 

Beautiful space to have the event. 

My handsome hubby :)

The Tipperary Bog CHEESE!!

Scott Sanders, Chairman of the Board, with LauraLeigh of 105.7 EZ Rock and Cassidy Fenton

Cassidy Fenton, giving her speech with LauraLeigh looking on

Giving out awards to some of the amazing people who made the event happen

The fabulous Kathy McBride and her awesome chair : First up for the Live Auction

Stepping up to the mic, with auctioneer Warren Rose. The final bid for my chair was $600

Getting a pic with LauraLeigh, representing 105.7EZRock, NewsTalk610 CKTB and my partner station 97.7HTZ FM  

I had to get a photo with the wonderful people who placed the highest bid on my chair. 

So happy to be a part of this great event! 

We were really excited to sit in the giant chair that was made by students from Lakeshore Catholic High School in Port Colborne.
Constructed of cedar, donated by The Cedar Shoppe. So awesome! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog, and for leaving some comments of your own!